Effective Date: July 25, 2018
We are Ada Support Inc. ("Ada"), a Canadian registered company with a registered address at Unit 801, 96 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Our Canadian federal corporation number is 878130-3. We provide conversational Artificial Intelligence ("AI") solutions and support services for customer support 'chat bots' (our "Service").
For the purposes of the European General Data Protection Regulation (the GDPR) (the Acts):
- Ada Support is the Data Controller as a supplier of services, an employer, and where dealing with its suppliers;
- Ada Support is the Data Processor in respect of the end user data which it processes on behalf of its customers, as explained further below. Such end users should be notified of this processing by the Data Controller in each case.
Our data protection contact may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information you provide us
You may give us personal data by:
- Interacting with our Service as an ‘end user’. This will usually occur where you make a customer support query to another organization which uses our Service to assist their customer support function. The type of information collected includes details of your account with that organization such as your username; password; email address; phone number; address; payment information; IP address; location; transcripts of conversations which take place using our service (i.e. through chat bots supported by us) and any other information which you may choose to disclose when making a customer support query through our Service.
- Using our service as a customer of ours. Where you are our customer or are an employee of our customer you may provide us with information. The type of information collected includes your name; company name; business address; email address; phone number; username; password; Tax ID number and basic site information i.e. URL/Channel/Impression Traffic etc.
- Corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. We ask you to disclose only as much information as is necessary to provide you with our products or services or to submit a question/suggestion/comment in relation to our website or our services or products.
- Filling in forms on www.ada.support (our website) such as the contact us form.
- Applying to work with us. The type of information you may provide in your CV, a cover letter, your name, address, e-mail address and phone number. CVs should include information relevant to your employment history and education (degrees obtained, places worked, positions held, relevant awards, and so forth). We ask that you do not disclose sensitive personal information (e.g. gender, height, weight, medical information, religion, philosophical or political beliefs, financial data) in your application.
- Supplying us with goods or services. Suppliers may provide us with information which may include a contact name; email address; business address; telephone number and billing payment details.
Information we collect from your use of Ada Support Service
Ada Support may also collect certain information from visitors to and customers of the Site, such as Internet addresses. This information is logged to help diagnose technical problems, to administer our Site and in order to constantly improve the quality of the Service. We may also track and analyze non-identifying and aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
We receive message logs and usernames when end users interact with the Customer’s support bot. Message logs may contain information such as, without limitation, usernames, email addresses, phone numbers, addresses, passwords, payment information and any other content that end users choose to submit when they make a customer support inquiry. We may retain the content of those messages together with responses to those messages and any outcome from those messages.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, scripts and tags are used by us and our third party partners. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the website, tracking users’ movements around the site, and gathering demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing these types of tracking technologies.
Our third party partners also employ clear gifs (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), images, and scripts that help them better manage content on our site. We do not tie the information gathered to our Customers' or Users' personal information.
Cookies on the Site
When you interact with the Site we strive to make that experience easy and meaningful. When you come to our Site, our Web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are files that Web browsers place on a computer's hard drive and are used to tell us whether customers and visitors have visited the Site previously. . If you click on a link to a third party website, such third party may also transmit cookies to you.
Standing alone, cookies do not identify you personally. They merely recognize your browser. Unless you choose to identify yourself to Ada Support, either by responding to a promotional offer, opening an account, or registering for a free trial, you remain anonymous to Ada Support. Cookies come in two flavors: session and persistent-based. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your computer when you close your browser software or turn off your computer. Persistent cookies remain on your computer after you've closed your browser or turned off your computer. They include such information as a unique identifier for your browser.
Ada Support uses session cookies containing encrypted information to allow the system to uniquely identify you while you are logged in. This information allows Ada Support to process your online transactions and requests. Session cookies help us make sure you are who you say you are after you've logged in and are required in order to use the Ada Support application. Ada Support uses persistent cookies that only Ada Support can read and use, to identify the fact that you are a Ada Support customer or prior Ada Support Website visitor (whatever the case may be). We are especially careful about the security and confidentiality of the information stored in persistent cookies. For example, we do not store account numbers or passwords in persistent cookies. Users who disable their Web browsers' ability to accept cookies will be able to browse our Website but will not be able to successfully use our Service.
How we use information we collect
We collect the information in order to provide our Services to our customers, to market our products and services, to improve our website and to recruit staff.
We will use the information we collect in the following ways:
- To answer your customer support questions, where you are a customer of an organization which uses our Service (i.e. our customer support chat bots).
- To improve the quality of our Services. Your interactions (i.e. your conversations with our chat bots) are used to determine the effectiveness of our Services and to improve the quality of our Services; Ada utilizes ‘end user’ interactions to information and train our machine learning algorithms.
- To fulfill our obligations arising from our contract with you i.e. to provide you with our Services;
- To set your company up as a customer on our systems;
- To liaise with you about projects that we are undertaking with you;
- To deliver information about our products and services, where you have subscribed to receive same;
- To ensure payment of our invoices;
- To create a candidate profile for you if you are a prospective employee;
- To administer and improve our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- As part of our efforts to keep our website safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about services that may interest you or them; The legal bases for the processing of your data should be set out in your contract with the Data Controller and details provided in its Privacy Notice.
Who we share your information with
We may share your personal data with our selected business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. For example, these business partners may include our web hosting provider and our IT service providers. Where an assessment of your credit score is a condition of us entering into a contract with you, we will share information with our selected credit reference agencies.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets;
You can find a list of subprocessors with whom your data is shared at https://www.ada.support/subprocessors
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored in, Canada which is outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and for which there is an adequacy decision relating to the safeguards for personal data from the European Commission. The data that we collect from you may also be transferred to, and stored at, United States of America outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for which there is an adequacy decision relating to the safeguards for personal data from the European Commission. For information about the adequate security safeguards that have been put in place for data based in the United States of America, you can reach out to email@example.com.
The time periods for which we retain your information depends on the type of information and the purposes for which we use it. We will keep your information for no longer than is required or permitted.
Automated decision making & profiling
We use automated decision-making/profiling in the administration of the employment or contractual relationship. Ada uses automated decision making when deciding on the correct answer to serve based on a customer question. The exact logic of the automated decision may change based on the machine learning model employed.
Your data rights
If you are located in Europe, you have the following rights:
- The right to access the personal data we hold about you.
- The right to require us to rectify any inaccurate personal data about you without undue delay.
- The right to have us erase any personal data we hold about you in circumstances such as where it is no longer necessary for us to hold the personal data or, in some circumstances, if you have withdrawn your consent to the processing.
- The right to object to us processing personal data about you such as processing for profiling or direct marketing.
- The right to ask us to provide your personal data to you in a portable format or, where technically feasible, for us to port that personal data to another provider provided it does not result in a disclosure of personal data relating to other people.
- The right to request a restriction of the processing of your personal data.
Where our processing of your personal data is based on your consent to that processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time but any processing that we have carried out before you withdrew your consent remains lawful. You may exercise any of the above rights by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also lodge a complaint with your local Supervisory Authority with respect to our processing of your personal data. The local Supervisory Authority in each European country can be found here.
Our Data Protection Contact can be reached at email@example.com.