We’re Ada. We’re an ambitious team based out of Toronto that enables businesses around the world to provide incredible customer service. Our AI-powered platform has automated 16 million+ conversations for companies like Shopify, Telus, Upwork, and Coinbase – and we’re just getting started. You can learn more about the founding of our company here.
Just as the field of machine learning continues to advance, so do we. And it is the passion of our people and dedication to our craft that continues to drive our dramatic growth.
We are inspired every day by the opportunity to pioneer a new industry, and welcome those who want to join us.
We're looking for an experienced product designer to join our design team at Ada. This is an opportunity to do the best work of your life on a highly impactful and visionary product, at a time when our principles of excellent design are just emerging.
One of our products is in use by millions of people every single day to answer questions about our customers products. Our challenge is to craft a very refined, accessible and familiar experience. On our team, we work together to make all the interactions needed for a successful support conversation simple and flawless.
This is also a chance to impress a much smaller, but more passionate group of people (our customers) who spend the majority of their workday in our product, leading their bot's work flows, training new answers and gaining insight into the performance of their automation. The challenge with this product is to tackle problems at the intersection of machine learning and content management where existing interface patterns often do not exist.
Our team is small, agile and tight-knit. Design is deeply important to our entire company. We want everything we produce to be well-designed and for it to be part of our legacy.
- You have a deep respect for your craft and want to be the best at everything you do
- You're not easily satisfied and dislike disorder and inconsistency
- You're a clear systems thinker, problem solver and visual communicator
- You have experience working on challenging projects and feature sets
- You understand UX Design, research, & prototyping (low and high fidelity)
- You're kind and direct with your feedback
- You have an interest in artificial intelligence and making human-computer interaction simple (think Alan Kay, Steve Jobs, Bret Victor)
- Along with our team, you will translate vision, feedback and ideas into shippable product designs
- You will guide product research
- You'll work closely with other designers, engineers, and our product managers to ensure everything we ship meets our standards of quality
- We'll collaborate to build design standards and practices
- You'll contribute feedback regularly towards improving our company and products
- Ada is a rapidly growing company located at Spadina and Adelaide in Toronto, Canada’s thriving AI ecosystem. We are backed by world-class investors, including Bessemer Venture Partners and Version One.
- We provide our employees with competitive compensation, great health benefits, and ownership in our company.
- Our work is rooted in kindness, curiosity, authenticity, trust, craft, and agility. We use these values to create a culture that encourages groundbreaking results, career progression, and community investment.
Ada is an equal opportunity employer. In fact, diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work. Like our Platform, we are inclusive to all, and combine our diverse backgrounds, skill sets and thinking to build the best experiences for our clients and their customers.